11.17.2010

Wrapping up IF Comp 2010

So, the results are out for this year's IF Comp. The top three games are Aotearoa, Rogue of the Multiverse, and One Eye Open. While I didn't make it through these top three, I'm not surprised to see Aotearoa win. It seemed like a very strong entry just from the introduction, and I'm still planning on playing it.

As for the other games I didn't get to... several I started to play and then chose to quit. The horror games, for example, got skipped (I'm just not into creepy zombies and such) and I left them unrated. As time ran out, I gave up on my random list to try to play a few games I had been looking forward to (like Revolutionary) but I still couldn't get to everything

Of the games I played, Death off the Cuff and The People's Glorious Revolutionary Text Adventure Game were my favorites. They placed the highest of the games I played: fifth and seventh. Not too shabby. Those would be my recommendations as must plays for this year's comp, at least until I get to the top contenders.

Congrats to the winners and thanks all for another year of IF Comp gaming fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment